Flexo Press Helper
SUMMARY: Assist the Press Operator in properly operating the Flexo Press in the safest, most effective and efficient manner while adhering to the established quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Assist the Press Operator with changing sleeves on printing cylinders
• Assist the Flexo Press Operator with machine set-ups/changeovers.
• Assist the Flexo Press Operator with all necessary cleaning and housekeeping duties – this includes but is not limited to the following: cleaning the press when required, rollers, pumps and heads, picking up debris around the machine, end of order clean-up and general up keep of the print area (press, ink storage, sleeve storage, etc.)
• Properly utilize knowledge of handling solvent based ink and adhesive systems
• Read, understand, interpret and utilize all information retrieved from both job jackets, manufacturing spec and print spec sheets.
• Maintain ink levels
• Possess a thorough understanding of the quality standards. Conduct, document, interpret and act upon all data obtained during QA tests
• Monitor print quality utilizing defect detection system and check print when taking samples off roles
• Be able to properly web the machine from unwind to rewind
• Monitor and adjust ink viscosities utilizing auto viscosity system verify using zahn cup
• Perform required roll changes. Able to prepare rolls and cores for flying splice transfers
• Understand the bar code system in order to properly issue all raw materials used in production to ensure accurate inventory control.
• Be able to produce new barcodes for all “printed” inventory
• Return to stock unused material
• Be able to safely operate an agility trolley to remove printed rolls from machine and place in stack racks
• Perform Press Operator duties to provide coverage for breaks, vacation and/or absence
• Participate in developing, understanding and following all SOP’s and Work Instructions
• Adhere to all company safety guidelines.
• Attend and participate in all company mandated meetings.
• Any other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED
• Previous manufacturing experience preferred, but not necessary
• Acceptable prior work history
Send Message to listing owner
Flexo Press Helper