2nd Shift Laminator Operator
This position is responsible for setting up and operating laminator equipment in order to contribute towards the achievement of the departmental and company goals and objectives.
• Inspects work pieces for defects, and measures work pieces to determine accuracy of machine operation, using rules, templates, or other measuring instruments.
• Laminates work piece to single face in accordance with job specifications.
• Maintains appropriate adhesive levels during application.
• Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunctions, adjusting machines as necessary.
• Reads blueprints or job orders to determine product specifications and tooling instructions and to plan operational sequences.
• Positions, adjusts, and secures stock material or work pieces against stops, on arbors, or in chucks, fixtures, or automatic feeding mechanisms, manually or using hoists.
• Selects, installs, guides, and holding devices, using templates, measuring instruments, and hand tools.
• Changes worn machine accessories when necessary.
• Makes minor electrical and mechanical repairs and adjustments to machines and notify supervisors when major service is required.
• Starts machines and turns handwheels or valves appropriately.
• Performs minor machine maintenance, such as oiling or cleaning machines, or work pieces, or adding adhesive.
• Maintains material and supply inventories and interfaces with purchasing personnel.
• Demonstrates initiative in contributing towards continual internal process and procedure improvement.
• Provides influential and supporting team leadership to department.
• Performs all duties in accordance with the Company’s safety and quality standards, policies and practices.
• Consistently adheres to all Company standards, policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates a sound working knowledge of current role and the technical systems, software applications and equipment used in performing this role, and understands the impact this role has on other departments within the organization.
• Communication & Collaboration and Partnership: Writes and speaks effectively using appropriate convention based on the situation; actively listens to others, asks questions to verify understanding, and uses tact and consideration when delivering feedback to others; Encourages and embraces dialogue from team members, while anticipating and resolving conflicting differences by exploring mutually agreeable solutions.
• Customer Focus & Quality: The ability to demonstrate a series of activities designed to enhance the level of customer satisfaction to internal and external customers; Sets high standards and measures of excellence to ensure quality assurance in every aspect of work performed.
• Problem Solving, Attention to Detail & Organization: Identifies and resolves issues timely by gathering and analyzing information usefully; Follows detailed procedures to ensure accuracy in the entry and reporting of data; Uses time efficiently by prioritizing and planning work activities.
• Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates upmost level of integrity in all instances, and shows respect towards others and towards company principles.
• Judgment & Accountability: Demonstrates ability to make independent and sound decisions in all situations; Takes personal responsibility and ownership for adhering to all company policies and procedures while also completing work timely and in accordance with performance expectation.
• Team Leadership: The ability to demonstrate initiative and provide supporting oversight over departmental policies, procedures and practices.
• High school diploma or equivalent GED
• Four years production or manufacturing experience
• Or a combination of experience and education
WORKING ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Essential duties performed in a production environment with moderate to loud noise, exposure to fumes, airborne particles, vibration and/or chemical odors in areas in which are not climate controlled. Regularly navigate stairs and equipment areas including catwalks surrounding equipment, regular use of hands and arms, while lifting and/or carrying up to 50 lbs. Frequent and extensive periods of standing, walking and kneeling, with regular use of vision, hearing and verbal communication abilities. Requires the use of finger and wrist dexterity for job related tasks with keyboarding and other equipment. Viewing intricate detailed information and documents are essential both paper and electronic.
Send Message to listing owner
2nd Shift Laminator Operator