Quality Control Supervisor
Gaming Partners International (GPI) is a leading provider of casino currency and table game equipment worldwide, with offices and manufacturing facilities in many key regions including the Americas, Europe and Asia. With a long-standing reputation for unparalleled customer service and product quality and reliability, GPI is a valued casino partner that delivers the best possible solutions to a casino’s table game needs.
REPORTS TO: Blue Springs Site Manager
LOCATION: Blue Springs, MO
JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME
ABOUT THE ROLE
JOB PURPOSE: The Quality Control Supervisor plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of procedural standards for processes, materials and products. This position will report directly to the Site Manager, ensuring a clear audit of process controls versus production requirements.
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Exempt
- Process Control
- Maintains methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation. Assists each department in developing and maintaining procedures and work instructions. Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility. Maintains the Material Reviews Area to ensure that all products are distributed in a timely manner. This position is responsible for procedural adherence and sustaining the consistent manufacturing process controls.
- Program Establishment
- Establishes programs to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Material Testing
- Directs workers engaged in measuring and testing product concerning materials, product, or process control and reliability.
- Safety Awareness
- Suggests and implements changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase safety and efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Problem Solving
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems. Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments to maintain all quality and security procedures. Investigates quality complaints to determine the root cause and can go across all functions and departments, including Production, Sales, Shipping and Graphics to determine the cause.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to sustain procedural adherence. Interfaces with other departments and the Internal Certified Trainers to assist the Plant manager in developing and implementing training programs as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or related field in Production or Industrial Management preferred.
Progressively responsible manufacturing/production/personnel experience. Leadership experience required.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing operations and safety procedures.
- Strong commitment to maintaining an environmentally safe and sound work setting.
- Knowledge of ISO 9000 quality standards preferred
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks quickly and accurately.
- Possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Not satisfied with handling problems; must be a problem solver.
CHARACTERISTICS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to provide leadership direction, coaching and mentoring to subordinates.
- Ability to use standard office equipment and computer software to produce reports and correspondence.
- Because Gaming Partners International hires the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that makes their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program which features:
- Health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans.
- A 401(k) plan in which the company matches.
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- To help you manage your work life needs we offer a life assistance program and tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off program in which the benefit increases along with your tenure with the company.
When you join Gaming Partners International (GPI), you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. You become part of the GPI Family, a team of highly skilled women and men who drive innovation, embrace change, and create an empowered work environment.
Legal Disclaimer: This is not a contract of employment and nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities. At any time, any additional job duties may be requested.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Send Message to listing owner
Quality Control Supervisor