I aspire to utilize my experience and skill sets to achieve a high level of competency at my new adventure.
- Credit and Collections Leader
- Treasury Cash Management
- Sales Tax Audits
- Dispute Resolution
- Internal and External Auditing
- Customer Development
- Multiple Account Portfolio Monitoring
- Reducing DSO Initiatives
- Automation Implementation
- Accounts Receivable
- Credit Limit Establishment
- Bad Debt Reduction
- Motivational Team Leader
- Cost Reduction
- SOX Reporting/Compliance
UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA
- Coursework in Business Management
- CTP Certificate
- JD Edwards
- Get Paid
FEDEX EXPRESS – DECEMBER 2018- JANUARY 2019
Seasonal opportunity to help during their busy season for the holidays. Help wherever needed either in the warehouse or help on truck assignments.
CONTRACT ASSIGNMENT EMPLOYBRIDGE – FINANCIAL & CREDIT ANALYST MAY 2018- JULY 2018 A STAFFING INDUSTRY LEADER
- Assigned specific tasks to cleanup errors on three systems to enhance synchronism between the
- Credit Reviews and reporting via Get
- Work new accounts for credit via Dashboard using CRM
- Various daily tasks to identify problems early to decrease future problems.
CONTRACT ASSIGNMENT FROM PRIDESTAFF – FEB 2018-APR 2018
Assigned portfolio of Accounts Receivable customers to solve any problems and make collections with minimal supervision.
CORPORATE CREDIT MANAGER • ENNIS INC. • AUG 2013-APR 2017
- Executed a complete department transfer from Anaheim, California to the corporate office in Midlothian,
- Evaluated the current portfolio’s risk and formulated a strategy that divested the organization of high-risk accounts that endangered the future liquidity and solvency of the
- Gathered all required resources and confidential account information in preparation for the team’s move to Texas. Flawlessly executed the move and experienced zero
- Establish credit lines, reconcile accounts for deductions/charge backs, authorized refunds, worked with internal departments to resolve customer issues, review and approve orders on hold for credit monitoring, contacted customers for payments while establishing good rapport for future
- A/R reporting to upper management, assist with sales & use tax audits saving company thousands of dollars. Assist accounting, auditors with any and all inquiries.
- Reviewed the effectiveness and efficiency for all department processes and procedures. Mentor staff to improve efficiencies. Review all accounts for bad debt & 3rd party collections.
- Focused on the reduction of days sales outstanding (DSO) and successfully slashed the average to 41 days with mostly 30Day
CREDIT & COLLECTIONS SUPERVISOR • REDDY ICE CORPORATION • FEB 2013-JUNE 2013
- Assigned appropriate credit limits to all accounts and collaboratively led a team of talented credit and collections
- Proactively contacted and mediated collections accounts with customer representatives.
- Motivated and encouraged team members to tactfully negotiate terms and repayment conditions with customers. Collected nearly 90% of all past due accounts/amounts.
- Implemented an incentive program that rewarded collections specialists for their constant and persistent efforts. Improved productivity and output by 45%.
CREDIT & COLLECTIONS MANAGER • ASSA ABLOY HOSPITALITY INC • JAN 2012-FEB 2013
- Contacted major hotel chains and collected on purchase orders for electronic door locks and surveillance
- Strategically implemented contact plans and prioritized past due
- Compiled purchase order information and compared it to the products/services delivered to the customer. Ensured 100%
- compliance to all terms/conditions as well as regulatory
- Negotiated future payment terms/conditions for past due accounts. Slashed the number of past due accounts by 60%
- Established strong relationships with the customers’ leadership teams and key project stakeholders.
DIRECTOR OF CREDIT AND COLLECTIONS• HAGGAR CLOTHING COMPANY • DEC 1999-MAR 2010
- Earned progressive levels of responsibility and promotions after stellar performance in all areas of accounting, credit monitoring, and treasury
- Collaborated with internal teams/key customers, established payment terms, and contract terms.
- Reconciled accounts and logged all financial information in the general ledger. Closely monitored and tracked journal entries for accuracy and
- Streamlined and automated treasury processes surrounding purchase orders and Letters of Credit. Virtually eliminated errors and completed all required documentation on
- Implemented EDI functionality for all big box retailer accounts, which reduced manual intervention and processing. Shrank headcount from 16 to five after EDI functionality was fully launched.
- Assertively negotiated payment terms and other contractual obligations with customers. Greatly decreased the risk of collections
- Saved company SG&A Expenses through EDI Automation for accounts from order entry through cash applications, reducing headcount from 15 to 4 associates because of EDI