Set up, operate and maintain a machine to cut paper stock preparatory to binding or folding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review specifications to determine page sequence, type of fold and page or sheet size.
• Measure from edge of sheet using scale to determine incremental cutting positions from guide.
• Enter cutting positions in proper order into computer memory.
• Remove sheets of printed or unprinted paper stack from the load and place them on the cutter bed. Jog and align sheets against the cutter guide in preparation for cutting.
• Activate computer to move sheets into first cut position. Activate double hand switches to begin cutting operation.
• Examine cut material for any imperfections and adjust computer program as needed.
• Remove finished or pre-finished material from the cutter bed and stack on pallets for shipment to the customer or next operation.
• Record job information on load tags and time sheets.
• Change knives and lubricate as needed as recommended by manufacturers specifications.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, WORKING CONDITIONS
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Ability to read and understand written and verbal instructions, Job Jackets, press imposition and rule-up sheets.
• Must be mechanically inclined.
• Must have basic electronic and computer keyboard knowledge.
• Stand and walk 95% of the time. (Safety shoes required. Company participates in cost.)
• Extensive lifting and bending actions.
• Physically capable of lifting to 75lbs. (Back braces provided upon request.)
• Manufacturing environment with noise exposure to varying levels. (Hearing protection provided.)
• Ability to direct fellow crew members in the overall operation involved in the job.
Send Message to listing owner