The Bindery Supervisor is responsible for supervising and coordinating jobs with bindery team members based on the production schedule. Oversees bindery operations and verifies printed material to ensure conformance with job specifications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Observe and monitor bindery operations and examine printed material to verify conformance with run sheet specifications to meet customer expectations, internally and externally.
• Authorize quality of product once it is checked for trimming, alignment and signature order.
• Supervise, direct, and coordinate work for the Binder Operators, 2nd Binder Operators, General Helpers, and Mail Crews to achieve the objective of meeting production schedules and delivery dates as committed to customers.
• Work closely with Material Handling and Shipping Departments to ensure product is delivered in a timely manner.
• Maintain communication within the bindery on all shifts as well as other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
• Plan and coordinate labor/staffing efforts (work schedules, assignments, and production sequences) to effectively meet all production and quality requirements.
• Maintain and monitor the completion of all necessary records such as daily production and throughput, maintenance requests, accident reports, counseling records, bindery/mail production information sheets and safety audits as assigned.
• Monitor binder machinery to ensure operation is meeting or exceeding run-speed requirements, verifying compliance with quality standards and minimal waste.
• Attend production meetings to update other departments on job status.
• Assist operators in coordination of Preventative Maintenance for binders.
• Enforce all policies and procedures related to safety and housekeeping.
• Inspect materials, products or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions. Take corrective action to remedy issues.
• Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances and take necessary actions to remedy within the scope of supervisor duties.
• Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, and assign employee training to experienced workers.
• Read and analyze charts, job orders, production scheduled and other records to determine production requirements to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
• Process employee time cards and monitor attendance. Discipline as required to ensure compliance.
• High School Diploma or GED, or
• 10+ years work experience gained through training in all phases of bindery work in the printing industry, but not limited to:
• Comprehensive knowledge of Mueller-Martine Perfect Binder/Stitching Equipment and mail operations and machinery maintenance troubleshooting/repair.
• Previous Binder Operator experience on Mueller-Martini Equipment a plus
• 3-5 years of Supervisor experience with Mueller-Martini Perfect Binder Equipment
Send Message to listing owner