Gaming Partners International (GPI) is a leading provider of casino currency and table game equipment worldwide, with offices and manufacturing facilities in many key regions including the Americas, Europe and Asia. With a long-standing reputation for unparalleled customer service and product quality and reliability, GPI is a valued casino partner that delivers the best possible solutions to a casino’s table game needs.
REPORTS TO: Pressroom Manager
LOCATION: Blue Springs, MO
JOB TYPE: Full-time
ABOUT THE ROLE
Prepare loads of playing card stock in preparation for press use. Move completed printed loads to the Finishing Department. Assist on the press in a variety of support roles.
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Non-Exempt
• Prepare playing stock
Turn and air out loads by use of the automatic pile turner. Transport completed loads to the Finishing Department. Assist Feeder in preparing raw loads of playing stock.
• Assist on Press
Support various functions such as inspection, preparing loads, staging plates and ink, completing paperwork. Press Helper will assist in maintaining the press by completing preventative maintenance tasks as directed by press operator. Cross train with press feeder to fill in as necessary.
Maintain pressroom cleanliness by sweeping/ mopping floor, emptying waste receptacles, placing supplies received in their proper locations, cleaning exterior of press and other housekeeping duties as deemed necessary by the press operator.
TEAM SUPPORT RESPONSBILITIES
Supports the Press Operator during assigned shift and supports the team by being available to provide additional support, shift changes, etc. as needed.
• Reliable employee that can work independently.
• Reads and perform work as assigned by Supervisor.
• Perform patch, repair and cleaning operations.
• Follow basic work instructions on prints.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area.
• Perform additional duties as needed.
• Ability to visually inspect printed work.
• Previous printing press experience helpful but not required.
• Good math, verbal, reasoning and organizational skills.
• Ability to lift, bend and stop repeatedly during an 8 –hour shift.
• Ability to stand on your feet for extended periods of time during an 8 – hour shift.
• Ability to comprehend basic mechanical operations.
• Strong work ethic, punctuality and dependability.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly during an 8 –hour shift.
• Between shift change you are responsible to communicate any issues, task update, or information that will help assist the next shift Press Helper.
• Ability to comply with procedures, rules and policies.
• Ability to wear GPI provided uniform shirts.
• Pre-employment drug screen.
CHARACTERISTICS AND ABILITIES
• An energetic individual with a positive, “can-do” attitude.
• Self-motivated with a sense of urgency.
• Enthusiasm for learning new jobs and tasks.
PHYSICAL ABILITES REQUIREMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Activity Occasionally Frequently Continuously
(1% to 33%) (34% to 66%) (67% to 100%)
Lifting (0 – 25lbs)
Lifting (25 – 50 lbs)
Carrying (25 – 50 lbs)
Pushing (0 – 300 lbs)
Because Gaming Partners International hires the best people, we work hard to provide benefits that makes their lives better, so we offer a comprehensive benefit program which features:
• Health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans.
• A 401(k) plan in which the company matches.
• Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
• To help you manage your work life needs we offer a life assistance program and tuition reimbursement.
• Paid time off program in which the benefit increases along with your tenure with the company.
When you join Gaming Partners International (GPI), you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. You become part of the GPI Family, a team of highly skilled women and men who drive innovation, embrace change, and create an empowered work environment.
Legal Disclaimer: This is not a contract of employment and nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities. At any time, any additional job duties may be requested.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
I have reviewed these job requirements and verify that I can perform the minimum requirements and essential functions of this position.
Employee Signature Date
Send Message to listing owner