Perfect Bindery Operator
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Examine job orders to determine quantities to be bound or inserted or special binding instructions. Ensure that bindery team members know job details to ensure proper bindery utilization.
• Initiate and perform make-readies/set-ups, ensuring fine tuning of pockets to insure minimal drops and stops during operation.
• Set and monitor machine calipers to insure quality of finished product
• Set up, adjust and repair heads as needed for smooth and trouble free operation
• Perform bindery operations to operate and run bindery machinery, ensuring machine speed and quality of product are maintained.
• Coordinate efforts of all bindery team members to ensure bindery is set up and operated according to bindery run schedule(s) meeting all deadlines.
• Change and adjust trimmer knives.
• Inspect working parts and be able to recognize those that need replacement, reporting to management or maintenance any problems that would affect production.
• Setup, monitor and maintain inkjet systems or inserter systems when applicable.
• Constantly monitor quality of finished product and pull office samples as required by SOP’s.
• Maintain waste within acceptable range as defined by management per the job.
• Ensure that all safety mechanisms (such as guards, interlocks and other devices) are in proper condition and report any deficiencies to supervision immediately. Engage Lockout/Tagout if necessary.
• Perform general machine maintenance for daily running of bindery machinery.
• Maintain clean work environment and good housekeeping at all times.
• Perform require paperwork, reports and inspections as required.
• Attend and participate in required meetings and training.
• Must follow all company policies and procedures as specified in the departmental SOP’s and in the Employee Handbook.
The above list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
• Perform job functions of General Workers as needed.
• Assist with training of General Workers as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• 6+ months minimum work experience as a General Worker in bindery operations
• 1+ years work experience as a Bindery Operator with thorough knowledge of bindery machinery operation
• Ability to read, write and comprehend written instructions and basic arithmetic functions.
Send Message to listing owner
Perfect Bindery Operator