ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Examine job orders to determine quantities to be bound or inserted or special binding instructions. Ensure that bindery team members know job details to ensure proper bindery utilization.
• Initiate and perform make-readies/set-ups, ensuring fine tuning of pockets to insure minimal drops and stops during operation.
• Set and monitor machine to insure quality of finished product as well as optimal productivity.
• Set up, adjust and normal repair of machinery as needed for smooth and trouble free operation, including jogging book into position to set long book detector, adjusting scanners as needed for tolerances of book size, adjusting head stroke to proper thickness of book, and adjust stitch leg length and clinch as necessary.
• Perform trial runs at start up, checking books for adherence to specifications, and obtain approval to run from the supervisor.
• Perform stitcher operations to operate and run bindery machinery, ensuring machine speed and quality of product are maintained.
• Coordinate efforts of all bindery team members to ensure bindery is set up and operated according to bindery run schedule(s) meeting all deadlines.
• Assist crew members as necessary throughout the run. Communicate with material handlers when more binding material is needed. Use of hand & electric pallet jacks to move loads of unfinished product into machine loading area. Ascertain that pallet lifters are available and in use.
• Change, adjust, and set trimmer knives to proper length and width.
• Inspect working parts and be able to recognize those that need replacement, reporting to management or maintenance any problems that would affect production.
• Setup, monitor and maintain inkjet systems, inserter systems, label systems or other machinery to complete a job, as applicable.
• Perform preventative maintenance, clean and lubricate stitcher as needed per manufacturers’ recommendations
• Constantly monitor quality of finished product and pull office samples as required by SOP’s.
Send Message to listing owner