Experienced Plant Production and Operations Manager
8515 S Interstate 35. APT 5102
Austin, TX. 78744
Experienced Plant Production and Operations Manager with assertive, results-driven leadership skills. Team building and collaborative approach to increase organizational expectations. Champion of Continuous Process Improvement methodology utilized to streamlining operations. Excellent interpersonal skills and communicator focused on operational goals, safety and throughput. Internationally traveled and fluent Spanish/English.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
CECE’S VEGGIE NOODLE CO.
Director of Operations
January 2017 to Present
- Executive Manager Reporting directly to COO and CEO in charge of company-wide operations, cost reduction.
- Identified source of unrecognize revenue and inefficiencies, resulting in a 20% increase in operational capital
- Streamlined comoditys on our customers logistics requirement which resulted in a 23% decrease in COGS.
- Managing operations teams consisting of 5 different department and a total of 250 associates
- Created department structure and divided responsibility among Manager and supervisors.
- Responsible for construction and startup of a new facility
- Responsible for capital project of $8.2mm.
- From February to present able to increase productivity 40% and fill rate from a 60% to a 98% fill rate.
- Able to accomplish a lower turnover rate from 92% to 76%
- Implementation of training programs Alchamy Systems
- Implementation of Productivity tracker system Red Zone
- Development of secundary production line
- Able to set up a co-packing program to utilize line time and minimize logistics expenses
- Developing culture of a self driving work force
FRESH VENTURE FOODS/GOLD COAST PACKING
Santa Maria, California
August 2016 to November 2016
- Managing operations team consisting of 160,000 pounds daily and 230 associates.
- Created department structure and divided responsibility among supervisors.
- Responsible for capital projects of $400,000 new equipment and lines with new SQF standard in the industry.
- 5S program implementation.
CAITO FOOD SERVICE
Production Operations Manager
June 2015 to July 2016
- Managing production department consisting of 360,000 Finished Goods lbs. weekly and 130 employees
- Improved department productivity by 27% utilizing lean manufacturing methodology.
- Responsible for the installation of SOPs and Line Balancing/Sequencing for excellent performance measurements and customer fulfillment.
FINE DRIED FOOD INTERNATIONAL
Corp. Director of Operations
November 2013 to June 2015
- Work for the corporate office in Santa Cruz Californian as a corporate operation manger and report directly to the COO and CEO.
- Managed four different facilities two in the north side of Mexico (Mazatlán and Rosario, Sinaloa and two in Chiapas south of Mexico).
- Created a better flow of product to sustain a consistency flow of product and prevent Packaging plant running out of product accomplish this by making tree facilities dehydrating product only and one packing product to export to the United States
- Managed plants of up to 800 FT employees, 5.86 MM lbs. of Finished Goods and 82MM lbs. of Raw Materials, with $8 MM Plant Budget.
- Improved Gross Margin by 400%, from 7% to 35%, by reducing headcount and increasing throughput through automation.
- Responsible for the management and deployment of $2MM Capital Project Budget.
- Direct Reports included Distribution Manager, QA Manager, Production Manager, and Field Engineers.
TAYLOR FARMS FL.
Retail and Deli Operation Manager
April 2011 to November 2013
- I was brought into a startup ready to eat program – salad, fruit, sandwich, and snack lines for food service and for major convenience store chains (WAWA, Publix, Wal-Mart, Costco, Sam’s.)
- Managed plant of 300 FT employees, 30 MM lbs. of Finished Goods and $25 MM Operating Budget.
- Improved productivity by 25% by automation and lean manufacturing concepts.
- Managed a $5 MM Capital Project Budget directed towards new technology equipment and Warehouse space addition and Rack System.
- Implement new lines, training and product start up in a USDA facility and ready to eat program which require high focus on food safety.
- Directly responsible for design and flow of new lines and set up of equipment in the new facility.
- Directly responsible for daily operations and food safety assurance.
- Structured the HACCP program and SSOP’S, while accomplishing a smooth start of the new customer lines and Product lines.
TAYLOR FARMS TN.
Retail Operation Manager
December 2008 to April 2011
- Started in the company in the Quality Assurance department with task of maintaining the plant audit ready 24/7 to accomplish SQF Level 2 certification.
- After 8 month the opportunity was given to move to management position as a production manager in the USDA department.
- Toss up program for a new customer, implemented automated lines, and successively accomplishing the production goals by maintaining the productivity up and at a lower cost.
- After a proven record of successful leadership, was promoted to an operation manager and took over the retail and deli operation.
- Responsible for the day to day operations until I was given the opportunity to start a new plant.
A large contribution of my success is the ability to lead people. I have done this by having regular meetings with my staff and workers and building team environments.
In my responsibilities it is necessary to communicate with my subordinates, my peers, and upper management.
Provide as requested.
Send Message to listing owner
Experienced Plant Production and Operations Manager