Effectively and efficiently perform finishing operations in Bindery using a variety of equipment such as cutter, stitcher, folder, etc. and also assist with hand operations as needed to meet customer requirements.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
• Perform accurate set-up and operation of bindery machines based on instructions from the job ticket. Machines include: stitcher, cutter, folder, etc.
• Make pre-run inspection and check with a co-worker or manager for approval.
• Perform maintenance on bindery machines such as lubrication, and replacement of worn parts.
• Operate other machines or assist co-workers when needed.
• Using a lift truck, move pallets with blank or printed stock from one location to another.
• Keep work area neat and orderly.
• Understand and comply with all safety rules and procedures.
• Perform any other duties as assigned.
Physical / Mental / Technical Requirements
• Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills.
• Ability to perform basic computer (data entry) skills.
• Ability to read and communicate in English and understand job ticket specifications and instructions.
• Ability to apply problem solving in a team atmosphere as well as individually.
• Requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire shift.
• Frequent lifting and carrying materials up to 40 pounds; occasional lifting up to 60 pounds.
• Requires pushing and pulling of pallet trucks with loads weighing up to 3,000 pounds.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision as well as in a team setting.
• Ability to work overtime as needed to meet customer demands.
• Ability to learn new technology and equipment.
• Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines and schedules.
8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday – Friday
Send Message to listing owner