Electrician / Mechanic
Perform work involving troubleshooting, repair, installation, calibration, and maintenance to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of the establishment in repair/working order.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform electrical/mechanical maintenance of production equipment.
2. Perform electrical/mechanical troubleshooting, calibrating, and repairs in response to equipment error or failure.
3. Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment (such as die cutters, web and sheet-fed presses, inserting machines, folders, conveyor systems, bindery equipment, etc.) in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturer’s specifications, using hand tools and precision measuring and testing instruments.
4. Repair or reproduce parts using welders or machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, drill presses, surface grinders or other machine shop equipment.
5. Perform general plant maintenance inside and outside facility.
6. Assist contractors with specific projects.
7. Log and maintain inventory records of machine parts, tools and maintenance supplies.
8. Log and maintain preventative maintenance and maintenance request records.
9. Must follow all company policies and procedures as specified in the departmental SOP’s and in the Employee Handbook.
Perform other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or its equivalent
3+ years previous work experience
Basic computer skills
PLC Programming knowledge and DC Controls
Demonstrated experience in mechanical, electrical and preventative maintenance systems
Vocational/Trade School Certification/Degree
5+ yrs work experience in print/packaging manufacturer industry
Knowledge of all electrical (low voltage DC, Single phase, three phase, etc.)
Working knowledge of DC Drives and controls
PLC Programming knowledge; Seimens, Rockwell Automation, Texas Instruments, SLC500, GE FANUC
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
Must be well organized, detail-oriented, ability to interpret and apply requirements contained in manuals, directives, blue prints and other documents, ability to watch and interpret gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure machine is working properly, ability to conduct testing and inspections of machinery to evaluate quality or performance, and ability to determine causes of operating errors and deciding how to correct it, ability to install/repair complex equipment, machines, wiring or programs to meet specifications. This person must possess solid teamwork, interpersonal skills, and be effective in written and verbal communication.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Send Message to listing owner
Electrician / Mechanic