2nd Press Operator – Printing Warehouse
Trend Offset Printing located in Arlington, Texas has immediate openings for 2nd Press Operators to join our Pressroom department of our Texas facility.
We are a Full Service Printing Production Warehouse Company. We offer 401k, medical/dental/vision/life insurance benefits.
The 2nd Press Operator is an hourly warehouse position.
Must be able to work 12 hour shifts.
Must be able to work nights.
Must be able to work weekends.
This job pays according to your 2nd Press Operating experience.
Assists with the set up and operation of a multi-unit web printing press in coordination with the Press Operator and assists press team members on the press, ensuring each job is run according to customer specifications and meeting internal and external deadlines; maintains quality control and reduces waste or press downtime.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Examine job orders to determine quantities to be printed, stock specifications, colors, or special printing instructions.
• Insure plates are correct for current job, or order plates when necessary and provide appropriate information when placing order.
• Verify that paper and ink meet the specifications for the job.
• Perform make-readies with press team members.
• Perform press operations to operate and run press, such as make-ready, folder operation, register color, and general press operations maintenance activities. Ensure press speed and quality are maintained.
• Assist in determining first save copies on all start-ups.
• Collect and inspect random samples during print runs to identify any necessary adjustments.
• Insure that correct proofs are available for each job and returned upon completion of the job (includes O.K.’d sheets).
• Pull proofs to check for ink coverage and density, alignment, and registration
• Work in conjunction with Press Operator and other press team members to establish, review and perform a list of routine operational maintenance tasks to be performed during major make-readies.
• Perform press duties to achieve, maintain and monitor quality of signatures throughout the press run. This would include such things as: maintaining consistent color, registration and folds.
• Coordinate and communicate with Press Operator and other press team members to insure and maintain proper press operations.
• Ensure proper color by setting color and adjusting color as required by quality requirements.
• Monitoring and assisting Press Operator with press activities to ensure proper print quality.
• Verify that the correct plates are being used and determine when additional plates/blankets are necessary. Dispose of plates in approved recycling containers.
• Pull and label samples and/or office copies as required by job order or quality control.
• Assist the Press Operator on adjusting and maintaining proper web tension to allow job to run at correct speed.
• Generate required records and waste reports.
• Maintain waste within acceptable range as defined by management per the job.
• Assist Jogger with material movement and handling, ensuring that the press continues to run.
• Ensure proper housekeeping on and around press and work area.
• Ensure that all safety mechanisms (such as guards, interlocks and other devices) are in proper condition and report any deficiencies to supervision immediately. Engage Lockout/Tagout if necessary.
• Attend and participate in required meetings and training.
• Must follow all company policies and procedures as specified in the departmental SOP’s and in the Employee Handbook.
The above list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• May serve as Press Operator during Press Operator absence.
• May serve as Roll Tender during normal operations and during Roll Tender absence.
• Conduct on-the-job training for new or promoted press team members.
Basic Computer skills related to press operations
Basic Math skills
High School Diploma or GED, or
1- 4 years work experience gained through training as a Jogger or Roll Tender in press work in the printing industry including, but not limited to:
• Knowledge of applicability of jobs to individual presses
• Ability to read and understand written instructions and assist with set-up of the press to carry out instructions
• Ability to problem-solve issues related to the press or press operations
• Basic knowledge of press operations and functions
• Understanding of quality systems and how they relate to customer expectations
1+ years experience as a Roll Tender or Jogger
6+ months of work experience as a 2nd Press Operator in offset web environment
6+ months of work experience with Heidelberg Harris 4/6/8 color presses or Goss Presses in offset environment
Mechanical ability (working with machinery
Send Message to listing owner
Listing Title: 2nd Press Operator – Printing Warehouse