Contract Print Consultant
ITP Strategic is looking for a seasoned Print Consultant to provide contract Press Check and Bindery Check services. We have a monthly run of printed materials out of LSC Communications in Crawfordsville, IN. We estimate one week (3-5 days) for printing and one week (3-5 days) for binding each month. We are in need of a Night Shift person to work 8:00pm to 8:00am during the press and bindery runs.
This is a CONTRACT position.
$200 flat rate per day
$60 flat rate for gasoline / travel each week
$50 flat rate per diem per day while on the press / bindery checks
Responsibilities at Press / Bindery Checks:
• Check the paper stock. Make sure that the paper being used in the correct and matches final specification before going into production.
• Check for color accuracy in images and solid colors. Using the spot-color piece, compare PMS swatch(s) to the printed sheet. Also, verify color consistency from page to page. For a 4-color process, review ink registration. Cyan, magenta, yellow and black should all hit in the same spot. This is most easily seen in the text. If anything looks a little “fuzzy” let the pressman know.
• Check large areas of solid color for even coverage. Make sure no unwanted marks or scratches are appearing.
• Compare against a mock up (folding dummy.) Verify that all text is consistent with the approved proof and all changes that were made are current.
• Make sure dot gain is not occurring. This is when the ink may be too heavy in certain areas, therefore causing thin lines or small type to “close in” and appear to vanish.
• Look for any common printing issues.
• At Bindery, ensure the proper set up to conform with folding dummy.
• Periodically spot check bound products for quality to make sure that product is consistent with ITP quality standards.
• Ensure that final books are packaged for distribution correctly.
• Other duties as assigned
• Be a good representative of ITP Strategic at our Printing Partner’s site.
Education & Experience Requirements
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 3 years of experience with printing press and bindery machinery
• Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferred
Skills & Abilities
• Math and reading comprehension
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
• Mechanical aptitude, preferred
Send Message to listing owner
Listing Title: Contract Print Consultant