The role of the Production Manager is to develop and drive a flexible, best in-class production environment producing a high quality product with 100% on time delivery. Through best practice sharing, collaboration and application of Lean principles, the Production Manager will use their expertise to develop and lead team members toward operational excellence throughout the production process.
- Lead, manage and coordinate all day to day activities and resources in the print manufacturing process and execute products that meet company standards.
- Ensures the Production Schedule is achieved and accurately identifies risks affecting the delivery of products and services to meet customer expectations.
- Drive continuous improvement through use of new technologies, collaborations, and improved processes to define, leverage, and implement best practices.
- Lead improvement initiatives focused on reducing waste, improving throughput, increasing capacity.
- Develops, coaches and motivates the Team through best practice sharing, skills matrix development and annual staff performance reviews.
- Develops strategies to analyze and control the impact of the identified risks.
- Maintains Industry knowledge on new products (materials), technical print solutions and production processes to improve quality, yields and reduce costs.
- Ensures all manufacturing equipment is maintained and operating at optimal performance.
- Complies with Environmental, Health & Safety policies, procedures and report any Environmental, Health & Safety hazards, incidents and concerns to Upper Management.
- Develops or revises standard operational and work practices and audits operations to ensure compliance with safety and operational standards.
- Partners with all members of management, to ensure inter-departmental processes are clearly understood, effective and reliable.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8 years related management experience.
- Strong leadership, organization, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
- Ability to lead change processes & coach employees.
- The ability to perform all duties of any manufacturing personnel is required.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient in manufacturing scheduling.
- Above average computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and ERP systems
- Practical knowledge of theory and principles of lean manufacturing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of General Safety Requirements
Send Message to listing owner
Listing Title: Production Manager